— at Martin Luther King Park.
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Party at Martin Luther King Park With the Bridge Bible Church
Have you ever heard of the phrase, "Sweatin' for Jesus?" Well today, my church hosted a party for lots and lots of people in Bakersfield, and I think I may have sweated through my clothes at least twice! I don't know what the temperature was, but it felt like it was in the 100's. On the way home, when I touched my forehead, I even felt what I thought was dirt, and then I realized that my entire face was covered in "salt" from sweating so much. When I think of Jesus, and how He walked around every single day of His life, serving and loving others and performing miracles, I am guessing our Savior must have sweated profusely in Israel's oober hot climate, so today's sweat is pretty much "cake" in comparison. Lately, I find myself just wanting to show up where God sends me, share His love with the people there, and maybe, just maybe, hope that I will find myself in the center of His will. Sometimes, I think if I can just "touch the hem" of Jesus' presence, passion, and purpose that He portrayed towards others, while He was here on Earth (and continues to do so in Heaven), I will be privileged enough to "count it all joy" that I get to serve Him. Today was awesome, cool, and beyond words, as you can see by the pictures. I would be remiss not to give a shout out to my son, Jonathon Trone, friend, Kent Jones, and the amazing Tholl family, Kevin, Lori, Jared, and Hailey, and their friends Brock and Brad. Without their help, I would have been at a humongous loss, trying to pull off setting up and running the bean bag toss booth! Thank you also to The Bridge Bible Church for inviting us to be a part of God's work in our Bakersfield community.
— at Martin Luther King Park.
— at Martin Luther King Park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment